Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Apology

#7.) Write an apology letter, actually mean it, and actually send it!)

This one was a hard one. Not because I wasnt truly apologetic when I wrote the letter, but that I had to get out of my box to write it. I didnt want to rehash anything when I wrote the letter... so it was purely an apology. I am sure there is someone (maybe even a few someones) who you might have some regrets with. Maybe you still have that lingering guilt that weighs over you that you need to apologize for. When I am on my death bed I would like to have no regrets. Life is short. I swallowed my pride (and this is a must for this task) and apologized to someone who is going to open their mailbox in a couple of days and probably be shocked to be getting a letter from me.

Life is short people. If you have a petty fued with someone, or have wronged someone in the past.... let it go and ask for forgiveness. Even if you were not the only person in the wrong... say your sorry! What good does holding on to a grudge do for us? Nothing.


Get out your paper and pen and get to work. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain!

1 comment:

  1. How odd that I see this post, as I did the same thing yesterday! And it feels like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders. It does take a lot to swallow pride and do the right thing in situations like this.

    ReplyDelete