Thursday, June 25, 2009

Explore.Dream. EXHAUSTION!

#2.) Sign up for 'The Beast's' Boot Camp.... and actually show up!(that last part was key ;) )

bonus: post unflattering makeup-less pictures of yourself for the entire world to see.

2 more things on my list that I can check off now! Woo hoo. Maybe I shouldnt have been so ambitious on my second day.... but my fat butt needed to do it. Yes, I can call myself fat on this blog. It's my blog & I'm saying it in a loving manner. This morning I woke up wondering what I had gotten myself into but I knew part of this challenge to myself was going to be doing things that would push myself. That's the whole point! *Get out of your box, Karen!!*
I got up and started the dressing process. The reason I say 'Process' is because I had to layer about 15 things to hold "the girls" down and to keep any fat from shaking. Hey, just being honest! Once I took a zumba class and when they told us to shake our butt (like Beyonce), i only had to do it one time... then it kept shaking on it's own. Anyways, I put on a normal bra then grabbed my sports bra. I'm thinking this sports bra was probably either my sister's or I wore it when I was like 12. I could barely get it on, and am pretty sure I broke a sweat. After the sports bra, I put on a swimsuit. Yes, you read correctly. I put on a one piece - BLUE - racerback swimsuit to hold everything in place. After this I put on a camisole to hide the blue swimsuit. Then lastly I wore a shirt. I bet you cant guess what happened after I was all done dressing. (and yes, I did wear pants too... I contemplated wearing spandex shorts under the capri pants I was wearing but then decided against it. I thought if we had to call the fire department because I passed out or something they might have to cut off my clothes, and the spandex might have crossed the line) So, I get completely dressed and then realize I had to pee. *Insert not so nice mommy language here* I had to get undressed to pee because of my dang swimsuit. I'm thinking for future purposes of wearing a diaper. I will discuss this more in detail later in my story. :) After I got dressed again I made the comment on my way out that I was nervous because I was already dizzy. All that dressing, undressing, and then squeezing everything back in was tiring.
Once I got to the boot camp I lined up with a bunch of cute skinny girls. You know the kind, that look like a model in workout clothes and without an ounce of make up look like they just came from a photo shoot. Yep, I worked out with them. I'm pretty sure none of them had a blue swimsuit on under their clothes. Seriously though, they were sweet and precious girls. After doing about 15 minutes of working out or so... (at this point I'm dying already) I noticed Tanna walking around the corner with her black belt! Her BLACK BELT PEOPLE!! (yes, she is a black belt) I will be honest with you guys... I think I let an expletive slip out of my mouth. As soon as I saw it I said "what the hell are you getting out your black belt for?!" (sorry to all of my former sunday school teachers) I was scared. Here I was already about to pass out, and the chick gets out her black belt?! (love you, Tanna) She ended up using it to wrap around the girls wastes while they did a crawl type thing across the yard... and she would pull them back for resistence. I didnt do this part... didnt want my blue swimsuit to show. Ok, actually I didnt do this part because I was dead tired... so I pulled on her instead while Tanna did it. As we went thru other parts of the obstacle course I did some jumping jacks, and I think I wet my pants a little. Yep, so the bladder apparently isnt as young as it used to be either. Good thing I had my trusty swimsuit on! Now back to that whole diaper thing... I'm thinking about buying some depends for my next workout. ;) What is one more thing to add for my dressing Process? Ok, no depends for me.... but at least if I had to pee I wouldnt have to get undressed.
After all was said and done I finished... with a few more breaks than the other girls... but I finished!
Whew.... tomorrow I'm thinking my new thing should be a little less physical. Something that can allow my blue swimsuit to rest.

Proof that 1.) I was there. 2) I wore a sports bra & 3.) Yes, I actually did wear a blue swimsuit!



The Beast and her black belt!! Have mercy on us all
You see why I got nervous?! She can hold this pose while kicking this bag. I have trouble getting my foot up high enough to actually hit the bag for a split second. ;)





11 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
    I'M SOOOOO Proud of you! You need to come visit and work out with me!
    Hey I started out with 2 lbs weights then went to 5 lbs then to 10 lbs!!! Baby steps!!
    Your post was cracking me up! Your so creative with your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did that show up as a blogger post? I have typepad?? weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up reading this....not because I am laughing AT you, but because I can relate oh so well to what you did today while getting dressed. I have never worn the swimming suit under everything though(Mostly because I think I never thought of it), but have dressed in many layers just to go workout. Also, the working out with everyone that looks like runway models (everyone except me of course)...yep, check, done that too.

    If you just lived in Memphis, we could both workout together without all the layers (or the beautiful models!)...lol Great job on day 1 of your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!! That's great that you went to Bootcamp. Just a suggestion for undergarments - they have these awesome sports bras that separate your boobs and hold them in place. I haven't tried them, but one of my more busty friends has. I think Champion has them for a decent price. Maybe then you won't pass out from heat and no space to breathe. You could also consider a spandex-type workout shirt with the bra built in (as long as the bra has enough support) and wear that under a t-shirt. Just some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on your first day of boot camp. Not sure I would have lasted after the dressing workout. Way to go on trying somthing new! Looking forward to reading about your adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! This post made me laugh and almost pee my own pants! I blame that on my pregnancy though...lol. I'm very proud of you for going through with this though, that's awesome! I really want to get back into working out after I have the baby. I had started to last year and then had a problem with my knee, then it got better but I started planning the wedding then the wedding happened and school started and I was doing cheerleading so that took up most of my extra time, then I got pregnant and now here I am...completely out of shape - even for a pregnant person! More power to you girl! Hopefully you can keep this up! You will be happy you did. Tanna is one tough chick, I'm jealous!

    I dig the point of this blog. Very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL LOL LOL!!!! Ok so I am loving this post. I LOVE the honesty, you know I am all about that!!!! This is great. YOu seriously did awesome today, I am really proud.

    On a serious note, I am lifting you up to God right now!!! I know how bad you want this and I am going to pray that He gives you the desire, strength and everything else you need to make it!!! I will do ANYTHING to help you get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen!!! I absolutely loved reading your post today. You crack me up beyond words. I thought you did an amazing job today! I had no idea how many layers you put on... I'd say your workout began when you started the "process"
    You rock!! And I can't wait to work out with you again :) We're going to get through this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I broke a sweat just reading this! I wish I could be a fly on the wall during boot camp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am crying over here! Thank you for the much needed laugh! You just motivated me to start working out again! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Karen, this is cracked me up! I think I said "shit" under my breathe when I saw Tanna with that belt. I got scared!

    We did good today also! GO us!! See you in the morning.

    -Kristine

    ReplyDelete